The Butcher is a two-channel amplifier with five 12AX7 preamp tubes & four EL34 power amp tubes. Both the Clean & Crunch channels feature independent three-band EQ, plus master volume & preamp gain controls so guitarists can adjust the interplay between the preamp & power amp on each channel for an array of gain possibilities. Both channels include a separate, footswitchable gain boost, while the Crunch channel also has a 12-way Punch selector that adjusts the low-end attack of the amplifier - a handy feature that helps match the head to various speaker enclosures.
The master section widens the range of possibilities with two footswitchable master volumes, so players can set one as a default & use the second as a solo boost; a patented Presence control that boosts the extreme high frequencies, giving the amp extra cut; & high & low gain inputs.
On the rear panel, the built-in Peavey MSDI microphone-simulated XLR direct interface eliminates the need for miking by allowing users to send the amp's signal directly to a recording device or mixing console. Additional controls include a line out with level control; active effects loop with send & return level control; impedance selector; half-power switch; & a tube bias adjustment jack.
- 4xEL34 100W power section & 5x12AX7 preamp tubes
- Clean & Crunch Channels
- Separate three band EQ on each channel
- Global presence control
- Two Master Volume controls for additional boost capabilities
- 12-way 'punch' control on channel 2 controls low end attack
- Pre-Gain boost switch on both channels
- Active effects loop with send & return level
- Impedance selector
- Half Power switch
- MIDI control capability
- Included footswitch controls channel, boosts, loop & master volume switching
- Built in MSDI microphone simulated direct XLR output
- Weight: 27 lbs